# 12A1. Hannah 4, daughter of Daniel 3 ( Jonathan 2, John 1) BIGELOW and Hannah (BIDWELL) BIGELOW, was born circa 1719 at Hartford, Hartford co, CT. Her mother died circa 1728, and her uncle William BIDWELL appointed guardian. She was married 3 Nov 1740, at Tolland, CT to Ezekiel LADD, son of Jonathan and Susanna (KINGSBURY) LADD. Ezekiel was born 31 jan 1715, one source says Tolland, another gives Norwich. In Nov 1740 they were given land by Ezekiel's father, and lived in Tolland. There are no death dates for either of the pair.
Children of Ezekiel and Hannah (BIGELOW) LADD, all born Tolland, Tolland co, CT:
12A11 Lucy Ladd, b 01 May 1741.
12A12 Samuel Ladd, b 07 June 1742; d 18 May 1814 Tolland; m 28 Apr 1768 Margaret CHAPMAN.
12A13 Ruth Ladd, b 12 Jan 1744; d 03 Sept 1766.
12A14 Hannah Ladd, b 6 Sept 1745.
12A15 Daniel Ladd, b 09 Apr 1747; d 23 Apr 1825; m 03 Nov 1774 Persis Blackman; (see below)
12A16 Ephraim Ladd, b 11 May 1749; m 14 July 1774 Lois CHAPMAN.
12A17 Elizabeth Ladd, b 28 Apr 1751.
12A18 Elisha Ladd, b 5 Mar 1753.
12A19 Ezekiel Ladd, b 1 may 1755; m 6 Mar 1777 Sibyl LOOMIS.
12A1A David Ladd, b 27 July 1757.
12A1B Lydia Ladd, b 3 July 1761.
12A1C Eunice Ladd, b 13 Mar 1768; d in infancy.
Bigelow Society,The Bigelow Family Genealogy Vol I, pg 43;
Howe, Bigelow Family of America;
Barbour, Index of Conn. Vital Records;
Taintor's, Colchester, CT records, V.R. page 16-17 (new).
This gives Ladd family from here on; "The Ladd family", by Warren Ladd;
Lynn Historical society Bible Records, 125 Green St., Lynn, MA 01902.
Subject: David Ladd of Perrysburg,Ohio
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:11:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Kathleen Skinner < email@example.com >
Hi Rod, I sure hope you enjoyed Utah. I live in Centerville, Utah with my family. My daughter will go
to BYU this coming Sept. I hope you can lead me to the original sources for the information on David Ladd
of Perrysburg, Ohio. I am familiar with the Barber Coll. and go to the FHL in SLC often.
Thanks, Kathleen P. Skinner. (see below) and sources above.
Hi Rod, Wow, I'm impressed with the website and all
the connections I have to it. I am searching for
David Ladd, a suppossed son of Daniel Ladd b. 1747 of
Ezekiel Ladd and Hannah Bigelow. From a google search
the birth and death of David Ladd was noted. I can't
locate this information in your database. However, I
have some history about David Ladd in Mantua and Kent,
Ohio, with no reference to his immediate family
members. I have other information about Daniel Ladd's
children and their immediate descendants. I would
certainly like to see the sources for anything on
David Ladd's birth and death. I have a record for his
marriage to Abby Uttley in Hartford, Conn., if this is
the right connection. I am a descendant of Anna Ladd
and Daniel Bosworth. Thanks so much for any effort in
this regard. I'll be glad to share information I have
with the Bigelow Society. I've sent an email to Alan
& Joanne Streit, as well. Sincerely, Kathleen
Children of Daniel and Persis ( ___ ) Blackman Ladd:
1. Persis Ladd, b 27 Dec 1775 at Bolton, Tolland co., CT. On 9th Apr (year not known) she married Daniel Peck, MD in Stafford, Tolland co., CT. Persis died 8 aug 1854 in Perrysburg, OH.
2. Anna Ladd, b 17 Sep 1777 at Bolton, tolland co., CT. On 9 Sep
1798 she married in Stafford, Tolland co., CT, Daniel Bosworth. She
died 5 Jun 1841 at West Point, IA. They had 10 children born in NY.
Children of Daniel and Anna (Ladd) Bosworth, all born NY:
3. Arithusa Ladd, b 1 Aug 1779 at Bolton, Tolland co., CT. She
married Gill Atchison in CT. 2 children.
Children of Gill and Arithusa (Ladd) Atchison:
4. Daniel Ladd, b 8 Jul 1781 at Sandisfield, Berkshire co. MA. On 5 Dec 1804 he married Hannah Burt. He died 24 Nov 1851 at mantua, Portage co., OH and is buried in the Old Cemetery, Mantua Center, OH.
5. Eleazer Ladd, b 25 May 1783 Sandisfield, Berkshire co. MA. He married Lucy Burt. He died 15 Jun 1844 at Mantua, Portage co., OH and is buried in the Old Cemetery, Mantua Center, OH.
6. Jeduthan Ladd, b 07 June 1785 and died 21 Aug 1877 at Tabor, IA. He married (1) Pamela Hallock in CT and married (2) Eunice Brewer on 6 Dec 1838, Kirtland, OH.
7. Ezekiel Ladd, b 1781; d 23 Aug 1822 at Mantua, Portage co., OH; m Mary Chapman in CT. Ezekiel is buried in the Old Cemetery at Mantua Center, OH.
8. Clarissa Ladd, b 25 Feb 1789 at New Marlborough, Berkshire co., MA. Clarissa married 29 Nov 1819 in CT, Peter Carlton. She died 10 Jan 1883 at Mantua, Portage co., OH and is buried in the Old Cemetery at Mantua Center, OH.
9. David Ladd, b 09 Feb 1793; d 04 May 1856 at Perrysburg, OH. m (1) 17 Oct 1815 Abby Uttley. m (2) 19 Oct (year unknown) Eloise Cordelia Bacon.